Statement of Faith
Cup of Hope – Counselling Addiction and Referral Centre affirms.
1. That there is on God who eternally exists in three persons the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that they make up the Triune Godhead.
2. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost born of theVirgin Mary.
3. The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption, and final judgement.
4. The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
5. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ, through theWord, and by the Holy Spirit.
7. That Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead and that He ascended into heaven and that today He is at the right hand of God the Father as the Intercessor.
8. Justification, regeneration and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ and that sanctification subsequent to the new birth is through the faith in the blood of Christ, through theWord, and by the Holy Spirit.
9. In the baptism of the Holy Ghost and speaking with the tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, which is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father and Son and Holy Ghost.
11. The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
12. In the pre-millennial second coming of Christ; first, to resurrect the righteous dead and to rapture the saints and, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
13. That there is a bodily resurrection, eternal life for all the saints and eternal punishment for the wicked.